Saturday, April 6, 2013

Right Context

March 2013:



Mama Chan: Why is there still bird$hit on my car?
Me: (laughing) Mom! I don't know why you have to say that word!
Mama Chan: Why? What else am I supposed to say?
Me: I don't know! Bird poop?Mama Chan: Why can't I say bird$hit?Me: (laughing again) Because we don't swear in our house!Mama Chan: You guys are so weird!Me: But you don't even normally swear! I just know you'll say it in front of Mackenzie one day and she's gonna pick it up and say it!Mama Chan: What's wrong with that if it's in the right context?Me: What do you mean right context??Mama Chan: Well, if she comes to you and say, mom! bird$hit! That's ok because that's what it is! If she says $hit to swear then that's wrong.


So next time you see Mack and she sees poop on your car, you might just hear her say bird$hit. And don't judge my 2-year old, because according to Mama Chan, that's totally ok ;)


(PS - I have no problem with people swearing. It's just not something we do here at our house. Which is why I laughed when my mom said it, because it's so out of the ordinary for us. Please don't think I judge when you swear. I don't!)

No comments:

Post a Comment